- Thick gel clings to vertical surfaces
- Non-toxic, and safe to use
- Doesn’t require constant attention – frees-up valuable man-hours
- Harmless non-toxic and biodegradable
- Produces clean bare-metal finish
- Does not destroy or distort delicate steel
- Harmless to glass, plastics, aluminium and chrome
- Eliminates grit embedment – a recognised problem with blast cleaning that can cause premature coating failure
Rust Removal Gel for Corrosion Protection and Removal
deox-gel is a viscous, highly thixotropic, rust remover, designed for corrosion removal on surfaces or objects too large to submerge in a bath of deox-C. Along with the viscosity builders and preservatives, the active agents in deox-gel are harmless, non-toxic and biodegradable.
Abrasive cleaning methods such as grinding, sanding or blast-cleaning will remove sound steel surrounding corroded areas. The risk of grit inclusion resultant from blast-cleaning, has been proven to cause early coating failure, corrosion and mechanical wear.
Slag-based blast cleaning media all contain heavy metals which when used in open-nozzle blast-cleaning equipment give off dust that may contain harmful levels of these elements.
The use of deox-gel will eliminate the risk of distortion to thin steel sections, which can result from the blast-cleaning process.